Okay, so mother's day is coming up, and I know that I have been scrambling to find a quick diy gift for my momma. Now, these are just a few cute ones that I love! Here we go :)
♥10 Things I Love About You
1) By scrapbook paper or 11 index cards that have cute designs on them. IF USING SCRAPBOOK PAPER, CUT PAPER DOWN THE SIZE OF INDEX CARDS!
2) Punch wholes in the top left hand corner off all ten cards.
3) Number each card in the top right hand corner.
4) On each card, write something you love about your momma.
5) Make a cover card. Put something on it like "The 10 Things I Love about You Are..." Add flowers and stickers and such.
6) Take a piece of ribbon (or a binder clasp/jump ring) and tie the cards together.
7) You are done! Give this cute gift to your momma now :)
♥Chocolate Dipped Brownies
1) Gather ingredients. These ingredients are 3/4 cup (150 g/5 oz) sugar, 1/3 cup butter (75 g/2.5 oz), cubed, 2 tablespoons (30 mL) water, 4 cups (685 g/24 oz) semisweet chocolate chips, divided (Premium chocolate for 2 cups dipping portion), 1 teaspoon (5 mL) vanilla extract, 2 eggs, 3/4 cup (100 g) all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) salt, 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 mL) baking soda, 2 tablespoons (30 mL) shortening, Chopped pecans, jimmies, and/or nonpareils (optional)
2) In a large saucepan, bring the sugar, butter, and water to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat; stir in 1 cup of chocolate chip and vanilla until smooth. Cool for 5 minutes.
3) Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, salt, and baking soda; stir into chocolate mixture. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips. Pour into a greased 9-inch square baking pan.
4) Bake at 325°F for 35 minutes or until set (see my note below). Cool completely on a wire rack. Place in the freezer for 30-40 minutes or until firm (do not freeze completely). Cut into bars.
5) In a microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining chips with shortening; stir until smooth. Using a small fork, dip brownies to completely coat; shake off excess. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with pecan, jimmies and/or nonpareils. Let stand until set. Store in an airtight container.
*Dipping Bars in Chocolate*
~Melt the chocolate chips, baking chocolate or candy coating according to recipe directions. If necessary, transfer chocolate to a narrow container.
~To cover an entire bar in chocolate, use two forks to dip the bar into the chocolate and lift up. Gently shake the bar to remove excess chocolate. Place on a waxed-paper lined baking sheet to set at room temperature.
~If the chocolate cools too much to the bars properly, rewarm and continue dipping.
This Delicious treat is done! Go serve them to your momma!
1) Get Scrabble board and super strong glue.
2) Dump out letters and spell 4 letter food words. One coaster needs 4 words, or 16 letters.
3) Glue each word together; they should look like this http://inhabitat.com/diy-make-your-own-scrabble-coasters/scrabble-coasters-2/
4) Take a paint brush and put a final coat of glue over the coasters. Let dry.
5) You have finished this cute project! Serve your momma a coffee on one of these fine coasters!
1) Gather your ingredients which are 1 tablespoon dried lavender buds, 1/2 cup sweet, almond oil (or safflower oil), 5 drops lavender essential oil.
2) Place lavender and oil in heavy pan and stir to combine. Heat over low heat until the oil is warm. Don’t let it come to a boil. Once the oil is warm. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
3)While the oil is cooling, make the sugar scrub; you will strain the lavender buds out and add the essential oil at the end.
3) If you don't get distracted easily, you can mix up the scrub while the oil is warming. If you do, just be sure to watch the oil so it doesn’t boil.
4) You are done! Put this in a cute little bottle or jar and hand it to your momma!
♥Lavender Salt Bath Bags
1) Gather your ingredients which are 1/4 cup dried lavender buds, 2 tablespoons salt (Epsom salt, sea salt or table salt), 2 small cotton or muslin drawstring bags or two squares of cloth and elastic bands, Optional extra: add 1 tablespoon ground oats and/or 1 teaspoon grated soap in each bag.
2)If you have not done so already, spoon 1/8 cup of lavender buds and 1 tablespoon of salt into each bag. Add any optional extras now.
3) Tighten the drawstring on the bags and set aside.
4) If you do not have cotton bags, cut out a square of muslin or cotton fabric and place herbs and salt in the center. Fold up the sides and secure with a rubber band.
5) You have completed this project1 Give these little bags to your momma now :)
Well, I hope that helps you all out! I am making the brownies and scrabble coasters! All of these projects are really cool to me :) Even a homemade card is great! Your momma will love anything that you hand make.